Hoo boy, do I have a treat for you guys! Well, it's actually sort of a treat and a trick all at once. It's the tricky parts that make it treaty, though. Does that make any sense? Doubtful. But I digress.
What I'm trying to say is, clips from the new season of One Tree Hill are making their way online and goodness me are they hilarious, in that way things are funny when you are bleeding from a severe head wound and are about to pass out. I am here to share one of these clips for you, because I am a giver and everyone deserves to see something so patently ridiculous for themselves.
Backstory: Last season on One Tree Hill we left the gang right after their high school graduation. In order to skip the disaster of transitioning a teen drama from high school to college, the show decided to simply skip college altogether and join up with our characters four years in the future. Seeing that two of the main characters were already married and had a baby, and all other parental figures in Tree Hill were basically nonexistent, in theory this jump shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Check out this scene between married couple Haley and Nathan:
- Check out the haircut on Nathan. HOLY JESUS. Literally. What is going on there? He obviously must be truly troubled, with hair that terrible. His hair shows his pain!
- Haley, however, has a very cute haircut, perhaps to balance the atrocity that is her husband's coif.
- Bethany Joy Galeotti continues to be the best thing about the show.
- "I used to be something. I USED TO BE NATHAN SCOTT!" Um, isn't he still Nathan Scott? Did he get a new identity? Are they on the run from Johnny Law? Now that's a story I could get behind!
- Where is my melodramatic emo rock soundtrack?
January can't come soon enough! I can't wait to see what's in store for Brooke, Peyton and Lucas. Not so much Mouth. Why is he still on the show again?